Skip to content
- Vermicelli Noodles (Seviyan), preferably thin ones – 3/4 Cup
- Water– 1 Cup
- Sugar – around 1/2 cup or adjust according to your taste
- Green cardamom powder (Chhoti elaichi) – ½ tsp
- Raisins (Kishmish), Almonds, Pistachio (Pista) and cashew nuts for garnishing
- Khoya – 1/4 cup (optional)
- Saffron (Kesar) – 1/4 tbsp
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Soak kesar in warm water for 30 minutes.
- Break seviyan.
- Heat ghee in a kadhai. Add seviyan and fry until it is slight brown. Constantly stir it to ensure even browning.
- Add water and kesar kept aside. Stir for few minutes.
- Add sugar, green cardamom powder and resins.
- Lower the flame and cook till seviyan become soft and water is completely absorbed.
- Garnish with sliced almonds,cashew nuts, pista and khoya.