A favourite Pakistani curry isKarahi, which is either mutton or chicken cooked in a cooking utensil called karahi, which is similar in shape to a wok. Lahori Karahi incorporates garlic, ginger, fresh chillies, tomatoes and select spices. Peshawari karahi is a simple dish made with just meat, salt, tomatoes and coriander.
- 2 kg cube size boneless chicken
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon crushed ginger
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- Red pepper
- Green chilies
- 6 -8 tomatoes
- Fresh coriander
- Heat oil.
- Add chicken.
- Fry on low hear till the water in the chicken dries.
- After the water dries fry the chicken in the oil till it turns light brown.
- Add salt, red pepper, ginger and garlic.
- Cut tomatoes and add in the chicken.
- Cover the wok/pot and cook at low heat.
- Let the tomatoes cook and when you see the oil on the chicken, sprinkle fresh coriander.
- Chicken Karahi is prepared.
- Serve Hot!
- P.S: You can also add 1 tbsp of Karhai Gosht Masala available at the Asian grocery stores.